Code::Blocks is an open-source and free C/C++ IDE. It is a cross-platform for Windows, Linux, and also for macOS. The unique ability of download codeblocks is that it supports GNU GCC compilers along with MS Visual C++.
It is another great IDE for C++ advancement, which gives you all the fundamental highlights and instruments. It has all the fundamental highlights, for example, compiling, debugging, along with auto code completion.
Different highlights incorporate code inclusion, profiling, drag and drop, code coverage, and so forth. You can add more highlights through modules. You can utilize this IDE on different stages like Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Integrated Development Environment is an environment that is used for developing games or software for a computer system. They include all the basic necessities such as compiling and debugging. CodeBlocks is the best IDE for C++, and in this article, we will discuss how you can download CodeBlocks for Windows 10, macOS, or Linux.
Download Codeblocks for PC
In order to download code blocks on your pc, you can have them by following different ways, so we are going to share each of the easy methods to properly introduce it on your system. Here is what you need to do.
Download Binary Release:
This is the easiest and simple way to download and install code blocks on your computer system. You have to download the setup file that you can find from the web official source and then run the file. The code blocks will be installed on your system, and now you can use them for your purpose.
|Updated||01 August 2023|
All You Need to Know About Code::Blocks
Developed by: The Code::Blocks team
Stable release v5.11: 2020 / March 29, 2023
Operating system: Cross-platform
Initial release: May 2005
License: GNU General Public License
Download Source Code:
You can download the source code and then start building it by yourself if you feel comfortable building applications from their source. This will get you through your comfort zone, and you will be in control of whatever you are putting in your system. Using source code, it will be easier to update to any new or latest versions. You can also create new patches to tackle any bugs if you want to keep them more secure.
Retrieve Source Code From SVN:
If you can put yourself out of your comfort zone, then this is the ultimate option to install code blocks on your system as it is more flexible, and it will require a bit of hard work in order to complete. This makes it easier to deal with any bugs on the system and fix them without any trouble, and the user doesn’t have to wait for new updates to get rid of any bugs. The basic ability of CodeBlocks makes it easier for the user to compile extra plugins from contributors to extend its functionality.
Writing C/C++ Programs in CodeBlocks
If you want to type any toy program in code blocks, you can follow these steps.
- Go to the File menu and then select New and click on Empty File.
- Enter your toy program code. Save the file as “Hello. cpp”.
- Then you can build the code by using “Build” menu and then click on Build (Ctrl-F9).
- Run the program using the “Build” menu and then select Run (Ctrl-F10).
You should keep in mind that you cannot debug a program without creating a project.
Set Active Project
The Build and Run command is part of the active project, and it is always used when you want to create more projects. You just need to right-click on the project when is shown in bold text and then press “Activate Project.”
Open an Existing Project
To open an existing project, you can follow these steps.
- Go to the “File” menu and then select “Recent Projects.”
- Choose the desired project.
- From the “File” menu, click on “Open” and then go to the project directory.
- Click on “ProjectName.CBP”, and your project will be opened.
Install CodeBlocks on Linux
Installing CodeBlocks on Linux is a very easy approach because it is already residing in the Linux OS in its package repository. The client just has to update or install the stable version of the codeblocks.
First of all, you have to open the terminal and then input the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:damien-moore/codeblocks-stable
and then you have to add,
sudo apt update
and then you can input,
sudo apt install codeblocks codeblocks-contrib
- After installation is done, you can run Codeblocks. It will detect any compilers on your system in the first place, if there are any.
- You can leave it to default or select it by your preference and then press on OK button.
Install CodeBlocks on Mac OS X
It is very easy to install Codeblock on a Mac system. It just requires you to download and install Xcode on your Mac with a matching version. Then you can follow these instructions.
Install Xcode on Mac:
- For installing Xcode on your Mac system, go to Apple Appstore and then search for ‘Xcode’ and select the app from the searched results.
- After that, you can click on the button that says Install App. Next, you just need to enter your Apple ID with its password to download the Xcode on your system.
- When downloading is finished, you can run the Xcode app and select agreement of license, and then enter your password to continue towards completion of its installation.
- You need GCC compiler along with Xcode so, go to the Apple developers site and log in with your ID.
- There, you have to search for Command-line tools, and then you can download the dmg file.
- You’ll get a package file (.pkg). Just run it and accept all defaults to complete its installation.
- Go to the official website to download codeblocks for Mac OS X. download the file in your system.
- Extract files and move them to a new location.
- Go to System Preferences and select Security & Privacy.
- In the “Allow app downloaded from” option, click on the window that shows verification.
- Click on Open.
- Codeblocks will open and, all compilers get detected. You need to select the OK option so you can change the compiler. And it’s installed on your Mac now.
This was a discussion about Codeblocks and how you can download and install codeblocks on your computer system as well as on Linux and Mac.
Is Codeblocks free?
Codeblocks is a free IDE software to meet the most demanding needs of its users.