On iOS devices, Apple has integrated more settings so that users can “lock” the screen of their device, avoiding the “curious” eyes around, here are 3 ways to lock the iPhone screen that any iPhone user should know.
1. How to Turn Off Lock Screen On iPhone with Password
If you want to turn off lock screen on iPhone, this simply implies turning off the passcode with the aim of getting the lock screen to disappear whenever your password is disabled.
– Step 1: Go to Settings on iPhone and select Touch ID & Passcode.
– Step 2: Type your screen lock password. Scroll down to locate the “Turn Passcode Off” option. Select it.
– Step 3: A pop-up box will appear, asking you to confirm the process of turning off your password. Simply click on “Turn Off” to turn off the iPhone screen.
– Step 4: For you to be able to disable the password, your initial password is required. Simply input the original password.
Immediately the password has been disabled, you will not be required to enter it.
2. How to Turn off Lock Screen on iPhone without Password
There is time that you forgot the password for the screen lock and you can’t get into your iPhone. You are not alone. When you type the wrong password for several times, iPhone will show you that “iPhone is disabled”. If it’s you situation, here are 3 ways to fix it.
1. Turn off Lock Screen iPhone with LockWiper (Suitable for All Situations)
– Step 1: After you install LockWiper on your PC or Mac, launch it and connect your iPhone. Choose “Unlock Screen Passcode” from the interface.
– Step 2: Click “Start”. Then click “Download” to get a firmware package for your iPhone.
– Step 3: When it’s done, click Start to Extract and it will unzip the downloaded firmware for your iPhone.
– Step 4: Then click Start Unlock. Type 000000 into the box and click Unlock to confirm. LockWiper starts to apply the firmware to turn off lock screen on your iPhone.
2. Turn off Lock Screen iPhone If You’ve Synced with iTunes
If your iPhone has been synced with iTunes, connect your iPhone to this iTunes. (If it asks for the password, try another computer you’ve synced with, or use LockWiper.)
Click on the device tab on iTunes when detected. Click “Restore iPhone” to let it reset your iPhone. When it finishes, the screen lock is removed from your iPhone.
3. Use Recovery Mode to Turn Off Lock If You Can’t Sync with iTunes
This method is available for any situations.
– Step 1: Connect your iPhone to computer and launch iTunes.
– Step 2: Bring your iPhone to recover mode:
- For iPhone X/8/8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up botton > press and quickly release the Volume Down button > press the Wake/Sleep button until you see the “connect to iTunes” screen.
- For iPhone 7/7 Plus: Hold the Wake/Sleep and Volume Down buttons at the same time until you see the “connect to iTunes” screen.
- For iPhone 6s and earlier: Hold the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time until you see the “connect to iTunes” screen.
– Step 3: When you see the pop-up on iTunes, click on “Restore”. It will download the software to your iPhone. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode. You need to repeat Step 2 and Step 3.
After removing the screen lock from iPhone, set up your iPhone by restoring the backup from iTunes.
3. My iPhone is Frozen on Lock Screen? The Fixes!
If you have an iPhone screen that is locked up or frozen. The ideal step is to simply remove a battery from a particular device when it locks up but Apple devices don’t have removable battery hence, you need to try these options:
1. Try to Power Off
Try to turn off the iPhone and turn the iPhone on again within few minutes. You need to hold the Sleep/Wake button for few seconds until you notice the appearance of a red slider. Slide the slider to power off the device.
2. Force Reset
You can force a reset if all the available options refuse to work. Forcing a reset will not delete any data from the device, but may fix your issues.
- On iPhone X/8/8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up botton > press and quickly release the Volume Down button > press the Wake/Sleep button until you see the Apple icon.
- On iPhone 7/7 Plus: Hold the Wake/Sleep and Volume Down buttons at the same time until you see the Apple icon.
- On iPhone 6s and Earlier: Hold the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time until you see the Apple icon.
3. Solve Frozen Lock Screen with LockWiper
You would be existed to know that LockWiper not only turns off lock screen without password, but it also fixes iPhone failures, especially issues related to iPhone lock.
Issues that LockWiper can handle:
- Your iPhone lock screen is frozen without any response
- Your iPhone is stuck at black/white screen or Apple logo screen
- Your iPhone is stuck at boot loop
- You don’t have the right password to get into an iPhone/iPad (you may forgot it or got a second-hand iPhone with lock)
- Your device is disabled (your screen may say “iPhone is disabled, try again XX minutes later” or “iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes”)
>>> Download more: How To Find Hidden Facebook Messages On iPhone