A company’s digital infrastructure must scale alongside its business for efficient growth and to maintain its customer base. With cloud migration, it’s much easier for SMBs to maintain a functional and fast online network with the expert help of managed hosting services. Many businesses may hesitate to change to cloud hosting due to misconceptions about cost-effectiveness. Still, cloud hosting has been shown to provide many benefits to SMBs looking to cut costs and improve their server capabilities. Here are a few ways cloud migration and managed hosting services can benefit SMBs.
What is Cloud Migration?
Cloud migration is a way of getting more out of your existing digital infrastructure. It’s a process of moving your data to a cloud service and using that to scale your business and improve security. Cloud migration can help you save money by allowing you to scale on demand instead of buying servers before they’re needed.
As a small business owner or manager, you might wonder why you should migrate to the cloud. There are many benefits to moving your business forward and adapting to new technologies. Let’s take a look at some of them:
- Cloud migration can help you scale more efficiently. If your company is proliferating, then migrating to the cloud is one way that it can continue scaling while staying cost-effective and efficient. Your digital infrastructure must continuously support your site traffic and functionalities, so having a strong server host is essential for maintaining business continuity.
- Cloud migration can improve security for all users on your network by providing more robust security features such as encryption at rest and in transit and securing user credentials against unauthorized access attempts. This reduces risk and ensures that only authorized personnel have access to sensitive data stored by the organization.
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
Business continuity and disaster recovery are key to ensuring your business can weather any storm. Cloud migration has several benefits for these initiatives, including:
- Increased protection from cyberattacks—As more businesses migrate to the cloud, you’ll need a secure place to store your data that isn’t susceptible to on-premise attacks.
- Lower cost than traditional solutions—Cloud migration allows you to outsource the maintenance of servers and other infrastructure components, saving on costs like maintenance fees or IT staff salaries.
- VMware hosting- Several companies may hesitate to move to the cloud because they depend on legacy software for their business functions. With VMware hosting, however, companies don’t need to give up their legacy software to benefit from cloud hosting. The host can migrate their entire systems, allowing the company to make system upgrades at a flexible pace while still benefitting from the cloud.
Scalability and Flexibility
As your business scales, the cloud will allow you to continue growing. You’ll have the flexibility to add new features and functionality without worrying about hardware constraints or additional costs. With hosting services from Liquid Web, SMBs can benefit from server staging space, allowing them to stage and test new features or functionalities for their product or site. Server staging is crucial to develop updates and testing user functionality before releasing an unfinished platform to your customers.
The cloud also allows for greater scalability when you’re ready to expand internationally. If a market opens up in another country, it’s easy to set up an additional data center there so that users can easily access your product or service. Liquid Web offers state-of-the-art global servers for businesses of all sizes. Whether you need a dedicated server for your enterprise, or a shared VPS for your growing SMB, Liquid Web has an affordable and cost-effective option for your business.
Cost-Effectiveness and Pay-As-You-Go Options
Cloud migration is cost-effective and pay-as-you-go, so you can scale your hosting up or down depending on your business needs.
Cloud migration is more cost-effective than traditional hosting because it saves you money by combining the power of multiple servers into one more extensive server. In addition to saving space with virtualization and automation, cloud providers often use economies of scale to offer smaller packages at lower prices, such as VPS hosting options, that are still more powerful than what most SMBs could afford on their own. Pay-as-you-go options also make cloud migration a good fit for growing businesses that need flexibility in managing their infrastructure.
What is VPS hosting?
A VPS is a virtual private server (VPS), allowing you to access your dedicated server’s hardware resources as though you were operating your own standalone dedicated machine. A VPS runs on its own operating system and has its own memory, storage, and CPU capacity. You can use a VPS for any software application you typically run on a dedicated server. You can also upgrade or downgrade your plan as needed at any time without needing to shut down any of your applications before making changes to your VPS account – this makes scaling up or down incredibly easy.
A managed VPS hosting provider provides 24/7 support for their customers so that they’re never stuck with technical issues again. This means that if there’s an issue with your VPS, then the provider will be able to sort out the problem remotely without having to visit your office in person, which saves both time and money.
Cloud migration is a competitive advantage that gives you more time to focus on product development and customer experience while your competitors scramble to keep up. If they’re still using local servers, they may incur additional costs, affecting their bottom line. Cloud migration also allows you to scale faster than your competitors, who aren’t as agile or flexible with their business processes. Cloud migration can benefit both your business and your customers.
Cloud hosting provides scalability and flexibility, which can be very helpful for growing companies or those who wish to expand their offerings by adding new features or products without having to worry about hardware upgrades or other costs associated with running their servers. You can learn more about VPS hosting and cloud migration by visiting Liquid Web.