How to create a Windows 10 Local account November 1st, 2016 By: J W Stuart
To create another local user account (with or without ‘Administrator’ privileges) follows the steps listed here: 1) Click Start / Settings
2) Click on the ‘Accounts’ option.
3) Click on the ‘Family & other people’ option located on the list of options.
4) In the ‘Your family’ window, beneath the ‘Other people’ click on ‘Add someone else to this PC’.
Note: You will notice in the screen shot displayed below, that I had already created another ‘Administrator’ account named JWS earlier (after I first installed Windows 10 and before I created an account named ‘Test’ in this article). JWS is a second administrator account which I use as a backup to my main user account (named: Jim) should the ‘Jim’ admin account become corrupted, I can use JWS if I need to.
If no other accounts had been added to this computer, this area would have been blank (no account names listed, just the ‘Add someone else to this PC’ option would be displayed).
5) When prompted on "How this person will sign in?", at the bottom of the window click on "I don't have this person's sign-in information.
6) In the "let's create your account" window, at the very bottom, click on the "Add a user without a Microsoft account".
7) Finally in the ‘Create an account for this PC’ enter: The user's name, password, re-enter the password (for validation that both password are identical, no typing errors) and add a hint that makes it easy to remember the password.
8) After you have entered all the information requested, click the next button.
9) You will now see the new account you created listed in the “Your Family” window.
The default account type is ‘Standard user’ ----->