I’ll show you an easy way to install the update now without a lengthily wait before it is your turn as Microsoft will not make the update to everyone at the same time. So I'll show you how to get Windows Update to do its job now and download the Creators Update on April 11th or shortly thereafter.
The Creators Edition was released to the public on April 11th of 2017. But why wait (here are 400 million or more devices that will be updated, so Microsoft will release the update in waves. But why wait when you can get it "Now" Starting April 5th, 2017.
Two important things to do before you start the update when it becomes available: A) Create an image backup of your current version of Windows 10. Should the update fail you can restore the image to your disk drive and try again. B) Disable any third party Anti-Virus software you may have installed!
How to install the update: 1) Go to Windows Update, by opening the start menu, click on ‘Settings’ / Updates & security or in the ‘Search box’ type: update' and open ‘Check for Updates’. This will prep your system with any last minute minor updates before you install the Creators Update.
Note: Laptop users should not do this while running on battery power only.
2) The 'Yes, show me how' link should open a page on your default browser. To continue with the upgrade, click on the link, as shown below.
3) Click on the "Update now" button.
4) Click on the "Save as" button and save the file to your Downloads folder.
5) You can choose to run the file immediately or when you are ready double click on the file in your Downloads folder to start the update process.
6) If you see the message displayed below it means the upgrade is not yet available in your time zone. Otherwise skip to step #7.
7) If you see the message shown below the multi-step process for installing the Creators Update has started.