1) Boot to Windows XP and run SyncToy to create a fresh up to date backup of your documents to the external USB drive.
2) Copy any Windows 8 documents you want to keep to the USB drive.
3) Boot to XP and delete the Windows 8 partition.
4) Insert the Todo recovery media in your DVD drive, boot to the recovery media, while Todo is loading connect your USB drive, use the recovery option to browse to the initial baseline backup file and restore the backup of Windows XP you created at the beginning of this article.
5) After the image recovery process has completed, remove the recovery DVD, and reboot your computer.
6) Run SyncToy to restore any new documents or edits to existing XP documents you made while evaluating Windows 8.
7) Copy any Windows 8 documents you saved to the USB drive to your Windows XP documents folder.