Installing Windows 8 to the “Unallocated” space you created
1) From Windows 7, insert the Windows 8 DVD and reboot the computer. Once your computer boots from the Windows 8 DVD, just install Windows 8 to the “Unallocated” space on the drive.
2) Wait for the “Windows” Logo / splash screen to be replaced by the Windows 8 Language, Time and currency and Keyboard setup screen. Make any changes (if needed) and click the ‘Next’ button.
3) Click on the “Install now” option located in the center of the screen.
4) Enter your Windows 8 product key (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX) and click ‘Next’.
5) Read and accept the License terms and click ‘Next’.
6) Which type of installation do you want? Choose the “Custom: install Windows only” option.
7) Where do you want to install Windows? Select (highlight) the “Unallocated” space you created by shrinking the Windows 7 partition. Click ‘Next’ to continue.
8) Windows 8 will start a series of installation steps. a) Copying Windows files. b) Getting files ready for installation c) Installing features d) Installing updates ( Automatic reboot, no action required on your part ) e) Finishing up
Don't touch the keyboard, let the PC boot on its own !!!