How to get the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition Update now August 17th, 2016 By: J W Stuart
Still waiting for the Anniversary Edition update to be installed but no update as of yet. Here an easy way to install the update now.
Two important things to do before you start the update: A) Create an image backup of your current version of Windows 10. Should the update fail you can restore the image to your disk drive and try again. B) Disable your Anti-Virus software!
How to install the update: 1) Go to Windows Update, by opening the start menu, click o ‘Settings’ / Updates & security or in the ‘Search box ‘ type: update' and open ‘Check for Updates’.
2) Now look down for 'Learn More' link and click on it, it should open a page on your default browser.
3) Next click on 'Get the Anniversary Update now'.
The File that is downloaded is named: Windows10Upgrade28084
4) Double click on this file Open it and make sure it starts downloading the upgrade file.
Note: You also have the option if you see the message “Windows10Upgrade28084.exe finished downloading.” located at the bottom of the display; you can click on the ‘Run’ button to start downloading the upgrade file. Click ‘Yes’ when prompted. Then click on the ‘Update Now’ option.
5) Next watch for ‘Downloading Windows 10 update’, which will be followed by 'Verifying Download'.
6) Next it should start the upgrade (it may take few minutes to reach the 2% mark).
7) The upgrade should continue and finally get beyond 2% in a short while (be patient).
Note: If the upgrade remains stuck at 2% and you received an error code 0x80070057 then click HERE and follow the instructs on resolving this issue.
8) After the update is ready, you will need to restart the computer, click on the ‘Restart now’ button.